Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Drinking for Holland » Drinking for Holland (US/UK)

Post subject: Traveling to Le Mans
 Post Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 00:59 
Occasional Drinker

I apologize in advance for polluting your board for the last month with all these questions. However, you guys are my only resource and have been very helpful.

After traveling to Spa and Nurburgring, I want to conclude my trifecta by going to Le Mans. I posted about this at the end of my Spa thread, and someone suggested trying to take a bus there. However, after trying to contact the GP Travel company, I have received no response. Therefore, I wanted to see if anyone had any other suggestions? At this point, it might be too late of notice to put anything together to get there. However, I feel that I at least need to try as I have no idea when I will make it to Europe again.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 01:15 
Huh huh, that's cool! ;D

Hop you had a nice time at NBR! When do you want to travel to Le Mans? We might be able to get you on your way a little...

is it Beer 'o Clock yet?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 09:36 
full addict

Maybe team langoustine is an option for you. Don't know if they still have ticket available, they have a dedicated site inside the tetre rouge corner and are fully set up with a bar and live music. You only need to take care of your travel arrangements, a tent should be in place for you once you arrive. To travel down, maybe one of our guys can lend a hand, or alternatively try the Train de Grand Vitesse, it leaves from Liege, which is close enough for you, just take the train from maastricht, heading to Brussels, change in Liege, then change in Paris. The TGV will take you straight to lemans, from the station you take the tram to the circuit.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 14:40 
Occasional Drinker

Nurburgring was awesome. I only wish I could have stayed longer as I only got about half way around.

Due to work, I doubt I would be able to leave until Friday afternoon/night. That train definitely sounds like a viable option, however I am open to more suggestions if they exist.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 20:57 
full addict

Drive down, park your car outside of Le mans and take the tram to the track. The campsites will be sold out by the time you get there, Parking tickets are already gone. Le mans is an event that is far bigger then any race you have ever been to, even indy! It sells out to regulars up to a year in advance, we always order our tickets before the race for the current year even starts! you will need to think ahead if you want to do this. So either train or car and plan on sleeping next to the track or in the car. That would be your best option.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 20:18 
Professional Boozer

It might also be a very good option to have a look at the Club Arnage "Sell or Swap" thread, there are a few decent campsite tickets offert at the moment, for face value.

At the offical website there are only tickets for Beausejour and Pincenardiere available, but those sites are less disireble, to far away from the action (pits, village)

Sell or Swap thread on Club Arnage

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu May 28, 2009 15:23 
Sebring Turn 10 Man

IRL,this is a MUST DO for you.
Do what ever it takes !
Le Mans something like you have NEVER seen.DO NOT miss it.

Amazing Randy

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun May 31, 2009 10:03 
Meister Zaufer

Are you travelling alone?

It's a shame that you can't leave earlier then friday, because I have an empty spot in my car. I'm leaving wednesday morning, think about it.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun May 31, 2009 13:13 
Occasional Drinker

Yes I would be going alone. It would be great to be able to go with someone, but I doubt I could leave until Friday because of work. I will check on Tuesday.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 23:19 
Tropicoma (ab)user

IRL&24Fan wrote:
Yes I would be going alone. It would be great to be able to go with someone, but I doubt I could leave until Friday because of work. I will check on Tuesday.

I'm sure there is a terrible bout of fever/swine flu/irritable bowel or something that is going to hit your area next week.

i.e. Phone in sick!!

Look forward to meeting you there. We'll be the the English ones camping with the Dutch with the harmless Fruity Drink!! :)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 08:03 
Occasional Drinker

Any recommendations on where I should try to sit/camp?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 09:49 
Huh huh, that's cool! ;D

You can try Bleu Nord, but there's a very good chance that will be sold out. My guess is there will always be tickets available for camping Beausejour. Not exactly the ideal spot, but at least you can put your tent down and have a rest. Don't forget to come over to camping Bleu Nord for a few beers with us, preferrably Friday night!!

is it Beer 'o Clock yet?

Board index » Drinking for Holland » Drinking for Holland (US/UK)